Sasol Young Explorer – Frogs is the second app in the new Young Explorer nature series for kids. Colourful, informative and stimulating, Frogs introduces young children (3–8 years old) to 55 of the most common and rare frog species found in southern Africa.
The descriptions of the animals – in English, isiXhosa, isiZulu and Afrikaans – are written in easy and accessible language and narrated by professional voice-over artists. There are also calls for all the frogs, except one – the only voiceless species in the region – while videos for 29 species show these delightful creatures in their natural habitat.
'Quick facts' about the size, egg type, location and conservation status of each species are revealed by toggling between illustrations of the different features on the screen.The app includes a play section with four games: puzzles, memory card games, an animal naming game and a nature cleanup game.
There are lots of opportunities to tap, toggle, touch and swipe, listen, watch, and learn. Perfect for pre-readers and young learners, the app will keep kids engaged and help them learn about the fascinating creatures that we share our world with.
For more information visit our website http://youngexplorerapp.com
- Multilingual app in four languages (English, IsiXhosa, IsiZulu and Afrikaans)
- Packed with accurate info written by a frog specialist
- Tap and listen to text in all four languages
- Ideal learning tool, especially for children learning to read, or learning a second language
- Expands kids’ vocabulary in a way that is engaging and relevant to them
- Record and listen to yourself reading
- Tap to play calls or watch videos
- Play interactive educational games (with multiple levels of difficulty)
- Fosters a love of nature
- No collection of personal/location data, in-app purchases, advertising or external website links