About the book:
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this fascinating region.
Take a leisurely boat trip on Lake Trasimeno, marvel at the gushing waters of the Cascata delle Marmore or admire the region's many spectacular churches: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Umbria with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Umbria:
- Over 10 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Umbria, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the Palazzo dei Consoli, the Basilica de San Francesco, the Palazzo dei Priori, the Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria, Orvieto's Duomo and more
- Colour photographs of charming towns, picturesque villages, spectacular churches, historic buildings, famous art, stunning countryside and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Northern Umbria and Southern Umbria
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Umbria's history, way of life, art, architecture, religious traditions, outdoor activities and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Umbria is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Umbria.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a longer trip around Italy? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.