About the book:
This book tells the true story of a scientist named Mary Anning. The fossils she found helped invent the science of palaeontology. If you’ve heard of Ichthyosaurs, Plesiosaurs or Pterosaurs you already know her work but there’s so much that’s been hidden or forgotten.
Here’s some things you’ll discover:
• As a one-year-old, lightning struck Mary but it could not kill her.
• When she was 12 she found the bones of a creature no one had ever seenbefore.
• In her 16th year, dead people washed up on her favourite beach.
• Her enemies were rich men and landslides - the first called her a liar and thesecond tried to kill her (a lot).
• One of her friends often ate mice on toast.
This visual biography contains many deaths and one squirrel; a handsome puppy and 200-million-year-old poop.