About the book:
Meet Romario Valentine, an 11-year-old eco-warrior from Durban, South Africa. Through his tree planting, beach clean-ups, avian art and other conservation projects in Africa and other parts of the world, this young activist has become a dynamic campaigner for the future health of our planet. In Protect our Planet, Romario enthusiastically guides young nature lovers through key environmental topics – from recycling and reforestation to pollution solutions and climate change.
Topics covered in this book overlap with the Foundation Phase curriculum, and include:
- The relationship between people and the environment
- Renewable resources, such as solar power
- Forestation and why trees matter
- Types of pollution and the problem with plastic
- Reducing, reusing and recycling
- Climate change
- The importance of clean water
- Craft ideas, art activities and backyard projects
Includes step-by-step projects suitable for Foundation Phase learners, such as building a bug hotel, birdfeeder and water filter.