- The Imaginormous Challenge (“Competition”) is run by Penguin Random House South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 1953/00441/07(“Promoter”) and presented by The Roald Dahl Story Company Ltd.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer of the Promoter.
- The competition begins on 1 September 2018 and ends on 31 October 2018. All entries must be received by 23:59 (SAST) on 31 October 2018. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; or lost or late entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of any computer hardware, software, or any combinations thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems. Incomplete or illegible entries will be voided. All entries become the property of Promoter and will not be returned.
- The competition is open to all persons who are aged between 6 (six) and 12 (twelve) years at time of entry, and resident in South Africa, except the Promoter’s directors, partners, employees, agents, consultants and their immediate families. Entrants must have the consent of a parent/guardian over 18 (eighteen) years old to enter the Competition. Teachers confirm that they have the authority of the school to consent on behalf of the parent.
- Participation by all entrants (“Entrants”) constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules. These Official Rules shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Competition-related materials.
- No Entrant may win more than 1 (one) prize per prize draw.
THREE PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED:7.1. One winner and his / her class shall be given the opportunity for an ultimate fan experience with Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical. The winner will also receive an Exclusive Books voucher to the value of R1,500, as well as a personalised copy of My Golden Ticket by Wonderbly. Please note that the winning class will be eligible for a matinee performance only. Performance dates are as follows: JHB: Sat, 10 November – Sunday, 2 December / CPT: Sat, 15 December 2018 – Sun, 13 Jan 2019. Tickets will be limited to 30 tickets for the winning class.7.2. The 2nd runner-up will receive 4 tickets to Roald Dahl’s Matilda the Musical, as well as an illustration of their 100-word story idea, done by local writer and illustrator, Kerryn Ponter which will appear in Minimag magazine in January 2019, plus an Exclusive Books voucher to the value of R1,000 and a personalised copy of My Golden Ticket by Wonderbly. Performance dates are as follows: JHB: Sat, 10 November – Sunday, 2 December / CPT: Sat, 15 December 2018 – Sun, 13 Jan 2019.7.3. The 3rd runner-up will receive exclusive Roald Dahl merchandise, as well as an Exclusive Books voucher to the value of R750 and a personalised copy of My Golden Ticket by Wonderbly.
- To enter, Entrants must submit a story idea of no more than one hundred (100) words, and complete the online competition form before the closing date. Due to the fact that this is a global competition, all entries must be submitted in English. No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw. Entrance into the prize draw is free. By entering the Competition, entrants represent and warrant that the entries are their own and original creations, and do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification.
- Should any of the prizes referred to above, for any reason whatsoever, become unavailable, the Promoter shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw. On or about 7 November 2018, three (3) winners will be chosen from all eligible entries received by the entry deadline. Entries will be judged by Promoter on creativity and imagination, with equal weight given to each criterion. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners’ parent, legal guardian or teacher will be notified via email and must respond to notification within ten (10) days of receipt. If a winning entry is submitted by a teacher, it is the teacher’s responsibility to inform the parents or legal guardians of the winner immediately so that the parent or legal guardian is able to respond to the notification within the specified ten (10) days. Winners’ parent or legal guardian will also be required to complete, execute and return Affidavits of Eligibility and Release within ten (10) days of receipt. Non-compliance with these conditions may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and Promoter reserves the right to select alternate winners (in random drawing from other eligible entries received before the deadline) in such circumstance. If any winner notification of the Prize is returned as undeliverable, Promoter may, at its discretion, select an alternate winner. The name of the winner(s) will be announced on the Promoter’s social media platforms (Facebook and/or Twitter).
- These Rules may be amended by notification at any time during the Competition.
- The prize is exclusively for the prize winner and is not transferable, not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for its cash value. Winners must be available to attend the Matilda the musical during the period of JHB: Sat, 10 November – Sunday, 2 December and CPT: Sat, 15 December 2018 – Sun, 13 Jan 2019; if a winner is unavailable for these dates, an alternate winner will be chosen from the pool of contestants under consideration for the prize. Winners are responsible for any expenses not expressly included in the prize description, such as flights, accommodation, transportation to and from all airports; travel within each city; personal expenses; travel and health insurance; meals; beverages; gratuities and any additional hotel expenses such as telephone calls, incidentals and upgrades or other charges that may arise.
- The winner must claim his/her prize within 10 (ten) days of winning the prize. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules. The prize will be delivered to the winner’s physical address within 30 (thirty) working days after the winner provided us with his/her physical delivery address. If any prize winner’s contact details are no longer valid, he or she will forfeit the prize.
- The prize winner must provide valid proof of identification when redeeming the prize.
- The promoter, as well as Pieter Toerien Productions, will film the experience of the winner, along with their class, at the theatre for promotional use on their website and social media channels. The Promoter may also make media announcements, publications of names, and photographs of any prize winner(s).
- The Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any prize winner(s) to verify their eligibility to win such prize(s).
- All Entrants and prize winners hereby indemnify the Promoter and its agents, against any/all claims for any injury, loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition. Winners must be accompanied by a parent, teacher, or legal guardian.
- These Rules are also available on www.penguinrandomhouse.co.za
- To obtain details of the winners and runners up please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 (four) weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by Entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all Entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the Entrant has consented. By competing in this Contest and/or accepting the prize, entrants agree that Sponsor, and its respective parent companies, assigns, subsidiaries and affiliates, and advertising, promotion and fulfilment agencies and all of their respective employees, officers and directors will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by entrants for any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to person and property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of the prizes, or participation in this Contest. By accepting a prize, the winners grant to Sponsor the right to edit, adapt, publish, copy, display and otherwise use their entries in connection with this Contest, and to further use their names, likenesses, and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Promoter reserves the right not to award the prizes.
TEACHERS’ / SCHOOLS’ PRIZE: The winning entry will also receive a Roald Dahl box set for their school library.